Earnings season continues to roll on with over 800 companies expected to report this week, making it a busy week for reports.
While most of the S&P 500 has now reported, many of the small and mid-cap companies have not.
This is a big week for the retail companies as a dozen of them will be reporting earnings, including several of the big guns like JC Penney and Macy’s.
But we’ll also hear from a few of the high-flying, growth stocks.
5 of them have perfect earnings surprise track records. They haven’t missed on earnings in the past 5 years. That’s not easy to do.
Who knew that some hot stocks, also have hot earnings surprise streaks?
5 Perfect Earnings Charts
1. Salesforce (CRM – Free Report) hasn’t missed since Zacks data began in 2017. Shares are trading near 5-year highs, even with recent coronavirus weakness. Can it keep the momentum even as the market bears growl?
2. Planet Fitness (PLNT – Free Report) has one of the top charts of the week. Shares are up 344% since the 2015 IPO. It hasn’t missed during that time either, with a perfect record extending back nearly 5 years. Can it keep up its streak?
3. Square (SQ – Free Report) hasn’t missed since it’s 2015 IPO either but its shares have been on more of a roller coaster ride than Planet Fitness. Still, shares are up 20% year-to-date, well out performing the S&P 500 during that time. It’s seeing some coronavirus weakness. Is this a buying opportunity?
4. Anaplan (PLAN – Free Report) is up 134% since its 2018 IPO. It also has kept its earnings streak alive through the last year. Shares recently hit new highs. Can it keep up the double-digit sales growth?
5. Beyond Meat (BYND – Free Report) is well off its 2019 highs but is still up 67% since its IPO. It’s also got a crazy high P/E at 289x. But do investors care? It hasn’t missed since its 2019 IPO. Can earnings catch up with the enthusiasm?
The Hottest Tech Mega-Trend of All
Last year, it generated $24 billion in global revenues. By 2020, it’s predicted to blast through the roof to $77.6 billion. Famed investor Mark Cuban says it will produce “”the world’s first trillionaires,”” but that should still leave plenty of money for regular investors who make the right trades early.
Author: Tracey Ryniec
Source: Zacks: 5 Perfect Earnings Charts